What is titanium alloy powder?
Titanium alloy powder is the use of atomization, rotating electrode or vacuum decompression atomization of qualified titanium alloy liquid metal into powder, hot extrusion into rods, hot isostatic pressing into titanium alloy turbine disk, aircraft keel joint, seawater desalination device Made of material. Titanium and its alloys have high specific strength, good mid-temperature thermal strength, corrosion resistance and rich resources, so they are widely used in aviation, chemical industry, metallurgy, medical treatment, marine engineering and other fields. Titanium and its alloys have become the mainstay of aircraft engines. Metal structural materials.
Sintering of titanium alloy powder
The sintering of titanium alloy powder is usually a solid phase diffusion method. When the titanium alloy is prepared by the mixed element method, it is found that the alloy elements in the titanium alloy will appear transient liquid phase or provide diffusion channels during sintering to promote the densification process, which is also called strengthened sintering.
The realization of the enhanced sintering process depends on three basic conditions, namely the solubility criterion, the segregation criterion and the diffusion criterion. Generally, the matrix should have a large solubility in the additive or form an intermediate compound, while the solubility of the additive in the matrix should be small. This is mainly due to: the low solubility of the additive in the matrix will cause the additive to precipitate at the interface between the powder particles , Which is conducive to the diffusion of the matrix; the low solubility of additives in the matrix can reduce the amount of additives needed to maintain enhanced sintering. Moreover, the densification process of enhanced sintering is the process of diffusion of the matrix to the additives, and this diffusion is conducive to the rapid growth of the sintering neck and the elimination of pores. If the solubility of the additive in the matrix is large, the diffusion opposite to the former will occur, the Kirkendall effect will appear, the porosity will increase, and the sintered body will expand.
Secondly, the additives can be precipitated at the interface between the powder particles during the sintering process, and can be maintained throughout the sintering process. This precipitation makes the diffusion interface between the powder particles enriched with additives. Therefore, a channel for rapid diffusion of the matrix is provided. The characteristic reaction of this precipitation is that the liquidus and solidus continue to drop on the phase diagram of the matrix and the added elements. When the solubility standard and the precipitation standard are met, the enhanced sintering effect of the additive depends on its influence on the diffusion rate of the matrix material. The faster the material diffusion rate, the better the enhanced sintering effect.
Application of titanium alloy powder
(1) Corrosion-resistant general parts are manufactured from treated pure titanium sponge powder through cold pressing-vacuum sintering. The aviation industry uses titanium powder sintered parts to become quite mature. Pure sponge titanium powder or alloy powder is directly rolled into porous titanium or dense titanium plate. The former can be coiled and welded into a porous tube for use as a filter.
(2) Titanium powder and aluminum powder are used as raw materials to produce TiAI alloy targets by sintering elemental powders. In the electronic field, it is required to use titanium getter materials that can reach a high degree of vacuum. Usually, HDH titanium powder with a large surface area is used to produce this kind of getter materials.
(3) Titanium alloy powder is badly formed by cold isostatic pressing and vacuum sintering, and then forged or rolled to obtain various profiles. Such titanium alloy profiles have a wide range of uses.
(4) Pre-alloyed powder HIP is directly formed to produce high-strength titanium alloy products.
(5) Pre-alloyed powder is directly HIP formed into parts, which are used for parts of mid-temperature aeroengines or reheated addition materials to HIP billets to manufacture load-bearing components for aircraft.
(6) Engine connecting rods produced by hot isostatic pressing after element mixing and vacuum sintering are widely used in automobile engines, and powder metallurgical intake and exhaust valves are also very common in the automobile industry.
KMPASS is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12 years experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. The company export to many countries, such as USA, Canada, Europe, UAE, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya,Egypt,Nigeria,Cameroon,Uganda,Turkey,Mexico,Azerbaijan,Belgium,Cyprus,Czech Republic,Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Dubai, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia,Germany, France, Italy, Portugal etc. As a leading nanotechnology development manufacturer, KMPASS dominates the market. Our professional work team provides perfect solutions to help improve the efficiency of various industries, create value, and easily cope with various challenges. If you are looking for Ti6Al4V Powder, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org